Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Are you ready?

It is getting very close to Olivia's due date. I am growing some impatience because I have been staying home since last Thursday. Tomorrow is Tuesday. My cousin-in-law, Jessica, was suppose to deliver her second son after me already had hers today. In my head, I am thinking.." Have I got my dates mixed up?" I counted with my fingers on last year's June calendar.."well, that was right".. I don't get it. When is baby Olivia coming? I am getting nervous and frustrated.

Last week, my OB took a good look at me. I was 85% effaced, and dilated 1cm. For a first time mom, dilation sounds so exciting. It actually does not mean anything because dilation can remain over 2 weeks without any progression. I definately feel the pressure of her head coming down to my pelvic area, but the contraction and pain have not gotteno too far. My OB said that he would bet my delivery come on Thursday, 3/8. Come on, 2 more days from now. I am begining to not believe it.

In the past few weeks, I have been nesting and getting things ready like crazy. The myth "nesting urge" does not apply to me. I feel that way all the time. Nothing more special these days to make me believe that my real contraction is going to happen. People say that I should take advantages of sleeping more. I tried. Midnight insomnia is just my friend now. Getting up to the bathroom at 3:30am becomes my usual routine. After that, I just felt wide awake. It has been fun watching my husband sleeping and helping him from not pulling his hair out by suppressing his left arm.

I have to save this story for Olivia and tell her when she gets discouraged with life one day.
Who knew that I would get a job interview on the first day of my maternity leave? Right. I had my first and second interview already. Yes. With my big belly walking around, people don't feel it is unnecessary to interview me. Instead, the timing works out perfectly with their reretiring nurse. Well, I hope to hear something good. I am not in a hurry to find a job, because I already have one. This one is right in Bellevue near Will's work and possibly more convenient to Olivia's daycare, wherever she ends up going. So far we don't have her listed anywhere. I should begin looking more seriously now.

Will and I went to 24hr gym to work out on the weekend. Suprisingly I felt pretty good each time I go. I just feel more fatigue and tiring. Of course, she is probably 7-8 pounds now. I am getting tired of carrying her around. I will begin charging her rent after 3/9.

Guess what happened overnight? It snowed!! I am a bit suprised. The forecast says chances of snowflakes today, and then sunny like all the way to 61 degrees on 3/8!! It is like freezing cold 34 degrees right now. Will baby O come on the warmest day of the week? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment