Friday, March 30, 2012

This is just the beginning...

On March 15th, our little girl finally came. She was gorgeous, beautiful and flawless. The first time I saw her, I thought to myself "Wow, this is what I have been waiting for!". I couldn't believe what I have seen and heard right in front of me. This little precious angel just appeared. I am soooo excited to hold her and kiss her. Not to mention how soft her skin is. I couldn't stop touching her :).

The labor story was long. Too long to forget about it. I checked in the hospital on 3/14 at 3pm. The Pitocin started around 5pm. My water didn't break until 2am on 3/15. Dr. Graham came himself! That man does not need sleep. He came back to see me again around 8am. I was miserable. But I was finally dilated to 6-7cm. Oh! I finally experienced what it felt like having the water broke. It was bathing in a hot spa tub. It was warm..
I clearly remembered how it was like since I started on Pitocin all the way until 12 hours later. Between 4am-6am, Will felt asleep. He was hopeless to watch me moan and suffer. Although he did an excellent job of holding my hands, making sure the water was warm enough in the jacuzzi. However, I was just getting so tired and frustrated. I finally gave in and asked for Epidural around 8:30am. Pretty soon after that request, I felt sudden relief from the contraction and began chatting with the staff. About 11:30am, the nurse, Linda, told me that I am fully dilated and ready to push this baby out. We all thought she was going to be huge. I was mentally ready to tear badly. Dr. G came right on time when Baby O showed her little head. The nurse pulled in a mirror for me to see her head. That moment was unforgettable. I saw her little forehead and hair. Right away, I knew she was facing up. Good thing I had epidural. Otherwise, I would have more pain of pushing her out spine against my spine.

Needless to say, my mother's surprising visit made me feel "out of control" a bit. For some reasons, my mother ALWAYS knew how to surprise me and make me feel .... 'annoyed?' (I didn't tell anyone, especially on FB that we are in the hospital and pushing the baby out. How can she know that we were there and right at that moment!???") Anyways, so she came and saw Olivia still being checked by the nurse. There was NO WAY that I would allow her to come in and watch the birth. So, she fed me while I was just holding the newly born Olivia at the bedside. A couple of hours later, we were moved to the postpartum room. The Tiens, the Yangs later came with goodies. We "tried" to sleep that night but we were in the mist of being exhausted and super excited. We ended up not sleeping well. Finally at 3am, we took advantage of the nursery to take her for like 3 hours. And, that was the beginning of interrupted sleep life.

Are we glad that we did this? YES. For sizzle. Am I ready for another round? HECK NO!!! Will was like " When can we have another baby?" soon after (like 5 mins) he got to hold Olivia. Men clearly don't know how painful labor is. Rarely men know how to appreciate the whole 9 months of child laboring and birthing process. Well, your dad is different. He was all 100% supportive and all there for me on those 3/14 and 3/15 days. You should totally kiss and hug him on your birthday. But, for him to ask for another baby THAT SOON? I just can't see myself go through the process in any time, nor bear the whole month of bleeding AFTER the birth,  and breastfeeding the little cranky one (Sorry, my sweet daughter.. you might have to experience this someday in your future. Being a woman is just not easy..)

No comments:

Post a Comment