Monday, March 12, 2012

Let's playing the waiting game.

After a long week and weekend, baby Olivia is still enjoying her jacuzzi. Who would want to come out while it is still cold and wintery outside? We just had another confusing day of mix snow shower rain yesterday.

Strangely parenthood has begun sinking in since the due date has came and passed. Last Thursday, Dr. G stripped my membrane to help get the contraction started. But I didn't have any regular contraction. I felt like a failure somehow. Some women can have birth delivery within 12 hours after the procedure. I ended up just having some mucus and felt strangely "heavy" on my uterus. (sorry about all these details. I just want to remind Oiliva how mcuh work I have done to bring her out to the world). All in all,  I learned that I should never put high expectation on my kids. God is the one who takes control in our lives. I should put my faith and hope in Him, and not my child. If I do that, I will be disappointed because we would want to control our children and eventually struggle with ourselves.

So, here is the deal for the 41st week. Dr. G took a good look at me. He said, " Your cervix is very favorable to be induced. She is at zero stage. Your cervix is super anterior. You are at 90% effecement". She should come out within days. Her heart rate has been very steady 154-156 beats/min. She seems to be happy and swimming around inside of my womb. I should give her a few more days to let her come on her own. By Thursday, if she doesn't come, I will go see Dr. G and get admitted into the hospital for induction over night. Eventually we should have a baby by Friday (3/16).

Trust me. I have been feeling TORN with this decision. I really want a natural vaginal delivery. But, this waiting game is driving me crakahzy!! Having been induced does not necessary mean I won't have a natural delivery. I just think that I might want to have the epidural to help ease through the long induction process. Apparently my sister had her both kids induced. It took her about 8 hours total from hooking up with the IV, epi to birth. She said that it was very favorable because everything was in control. Anyways, I feel at peace with this plan. We are gonna do it!! Except Will has strained his back 2 days ago and now walking with a limp. He will have a long work day on Thursday. We are going to pray that he will be recovered with his back pain by then and enjoy his new born baby girl for the weekend. :) Finally the happy Yen will only be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment