Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Part II- The East Coast

What happened to the summer of 2017?

1. Bruce turned 3.
2. We spent a great summer in Seattle visiting mom and traveling all different places
3. I started working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (for just only 2 months)
4. I also began taking classes at Wright State University for FNP program.

Everything was smooth sailing, until one day.. Will came home and updated me that he took an offer to work for Nickelodean. I asked why and where is the job? The rest is history. No matter how much I tried to convince his way to my way. I was not winning.

Ok. Fine. We booked a trip to visit NY during November. Will had to start working there. We just found a place in the south end of Park Slope in Brooklyn. It was not my top choice. I wanted to get away from the city. I wanted to live in the suburbs like Westchester or Pelham... Larchmont area..

Nothing worked for me. I couldn't get my RN license transferred right away. The winter blizzard was harsh. I ended up not taking classes and delaying my program. I took Bruce to Giocare preschool for 3 months and finally gave up. Bruce did not enjoy his preschool transition. EVERY SINGLE TIME when he brought up his old school friends.. and told me how much he misses them. It just breaks my heart.

Olivia on the other hand, successfully transferred to PS 10 and finished Kindergarten with no sweats. I explored more with Bruce at the Prospect Park, Central Library and the zoo like daily..weekly basis. I tried to set up interviews and getting my credentials to work as a school nurse. Unfortunately, nothing came to my way until late May. I was ready for the summer to fly back to Seattle to visit again.

There were so many unhappy moments of living in NY... such as smoking, street litters, people cursing...riding the nasty subways...sigh.. I just did not enjoy living in NYC on top of being a stay-at-home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment